St Pius X is a Catholic State Integrated School with a maximum roll of 190 students. Students who have a connection to the Catholic faith have preferential enrolment and there is a 5% allowance for students who do not have such a connection. This figure is currently set at 9 students. There are currently no non-preference spaces available for the 2021 and 2022 school years.
Catholic State Integrated schools select preference students on the following grounds:
- The agent for determining preference is the parish priest or the proprietor’s designated agent for the Catholic Parish Of New Plymouth.
- The criteria to be used by Proprietors, and their authorised agents, when determining whether or not the parents of a child have established such particular or general religious connection with the Catholic Special Character are:
5.1 The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
5.2 The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
5.3 At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
5.4 With the agreement of the child’s parent/legal guardian, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child’s upbringing undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5.5 One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
The St Pius X School Board of Trustees has established the following criteria for use when the school is approaching the maximum roll.
Priority will be given in the following order:
- Siblings of current preference students
- New entrant preference students
- Preference students transferring from another Catholic School (outside of the town) where there is a space available at a given year level (MOE guidelines for classroom teacher/student ratio to followed) https://www.education.govt.nz/school/running-a-school/resourcing/school-staffing/entitlement-staffing/curriculum-staffing/#Primary
- Siblings of current non-preference students
- Non-preference children of staff who seek to enrol their children
- Non-preference students transferring from Catholic Schools out of New Plymouth
- Other non-preference applicants will be placed on a waiting list and priority will be given taking into account the date of application and the age of the applicant.
Diocese of Palmerston North Fees
When you choose to enrol your child at a Catholic School you agree to pay Attendance Dues. Currently, these are set at $455.00 per primary student per annum. The Diocese of Palmerston North administers these and invoices parents directly. There are various options for payment.
We ask for a school donation to cover the day to day running costs of the school. The annual donation is $150 per year. School donations are tax-deductible.